Saturday, January 22, 2011

How to Spot an Authentic Longchamp

Do you own a longchamp? Are you a baghag? No? Or are you in denial? lol. Anyway, baghag or not there's a different happiness that a bag brings to a woman. I can attest to this one. Is it just me or there are a lot of girls like me who's going head over heels over longchamp? In a mall bathroom alone you'll be surprise that there are about 2-3 girls who carries a longchamp. Don't believe me? Try going to Rockwell Powerplant. lol again! Have you ever wonder if these are authentic or not? I did and I learned it the hard way. Before LePliage/Planètes took hype in Manila, I seriously wanted to get one. But heck on the price tag it carries, yeah for some its cheap but for me its a lot to pay for a bag! So my frugal self bought a fake longchamp in greenhills (yeah dumb). I paid about Php400 for it if I remember it right. I thought this would already satisfy my salivating self and not lust for longchamp anymore. But boy was I wrong! I did not stop salivating over the online photos of longchamp--this time real one. I kept on coming back at Rustan's just to take a look of their stocks. Yeah I was sick with frustration. I want to have one. Since I still don't want to pay a large amount of money, I settled with a navy cabas le pliage (cabas is the one that does not have zipper). That was the end of it. My new and original le pliage made me happy. I thought I would not need another longchamp for next X number of years. But boy yeah I was wrong again! My good friend Lee went to HK last year and was generous enough to be my personal shopper. It was a hard choice between the Special Edition Great Wall of China Le Pliage and the Raisin Planètes. I choose to go for the Planètes since I already have a Le Pliage.

Now enough with my LC drama and to the main point. If you want to buy longchamp online here are some tips on authenticating them: 

Longchamp is a French luxury brand. Jean Cassegrain founded the brand 60 years ago. Its previous line of work is manufacturing leather covering for pipes. The most popular longchamp line now are the Le Pliage and the Planètes, both made of vinyl and leather. The difference is that Le Pliage is foldable while the Planètes is not. Though Planètes uses a more thicker material than the other one.

  • It comes with the original paper bag and care card. 


  • The care card shows cleaning guidelines for your longchamp.


  • The longchamp logo should be located directly above the snap. The logo of the fake one is usually not centered. It should be embossed and its outline should be engraved on the leather. Look at the back of the flap to see the engraving of the logo. The button should say "Longchamp 1948" and also has the longchamp logo inside the circle. 


  • The inner side of the snap button should say ORIGINAL, PRYM, 6/4B.

  • The zipper must have the engraved YKK.

  • The zipper pull varies from one model to another. This is for the Planètes long handle. 

  • The inner pocket is on the front but this varies from model to model. Most of the special edition LePliage/Planètes have the inner pocket at the back.
  • The back should also have an engraving of the correct spelling of LONGCHAMP and the model of the bag (Sorry forgot to take photo).


  • The inner snap has a transparent plastic disc.


  • It should have a tag inside. Authentic longchamps are either MADE IN FRANCE, MADE IN TUNISIA or MADE IN CHINA. The series of numbers on the fifth line is the style number. There is also a care instruction on the last line.

  • The lining inside are cleanly sewn unlike with the fake ones.


  • Lastly, try to visit Rustan's (if you're planning to buy online) and take a look on the original LePliage/Planetes and notice its material because its far from the fake one. From this you'll easily spot a fake one. You'll also notice that the leather for the handles are thinner than the fake one. 
Hope I help you with this one:).

*All the infos above are based on my personal experience and through research. You may visit the longchamp website for their latest collection. 

30 comments:

BExCLUSIVE MAGAZINE said...

Great photos! good job! ;)

Ciao ciao From Rome.
BExCLUSIVE MAGAZINE

http://bexclusivemagazine.blogspot.com/

Lootwagon said...

thanks for sharing! i'm getting my first LC in a month or two. yey! this helps!

mav said...

Thanks BExCLUSIVE MAGAZINE!

@Lootwagon Yay yay! Excited for you! Enjoy it:)

Claire said...

hi! this is informative. I'm selling some of my pre-loved longchamp online. I would like to ask your permission to direct the potential buyer/s to this site. let me know if ok. thanks!

-claire
betteryeth.blogspot.com

Claire said...

new follower here. ;)

-claire
betteryeth.blogspot.com

dorothy said...

Hi would like to ask how much is the Le Pliage from Rustans?

mav said...

Hi Dorothy, I'm really not sure of the exact prices. I think pliage retails in rustans for about 7k and up:)

Dorothy said...

okay thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

hi there!! i've got some if you want :)
they're authentic and save 2,000 if you get from me :)
by the way, i found this blog so real and helpful :)

+639159774472 if u wish to call me or search myoneandonlineshop :)

thank you very much for this blog, by the way, i will suggest this site to my clients too :)

-zel

Zette said...

i want to buy myself an authentic longchamp bag. this will help me a lot when it's my time to buy. thank you! :D

Goldabanana said...

Hi! Gracious thanks its been helpful! Now Im redy to buy mine one and original. Then again, i will buy it in Rustans instead.

Anonymous said...

Hi, i just came across your site and was wondering what the back of your planetes says? does it only say modele depose? thanks for your help! :)

mav said...

Yes :)

Mirandatrixy said...

hi! what if the tag says its made in romania? is that fake? :)

ning said...

I got my LC red short handle bag as a gift last Dec 2011. I didnt used it since i dont like the style. Just now i saw the add that sells original LC for a discounted price and i noticed it looks exactly like my bag. Out of curiousity i started investagating by asking online about LC authencity and i found ur site..all indications matched the identity of what is authentic from zipper, buttons and tag and textures is in my bag and im so amazed and delighted after more than 2 years of neglegence I got a hidden treasure in my closet...Thank you very much...

Mav said...

Yey! Good thing you are enjoying your bag :)

Ria said...

I find your article very helpful, do you know online sellers of authentic LC? I hope you can name some. Thanks!

Kamille Villones said...

I know a online shope who sells authentic yet low price longchamp. INstagram name is: mysassyshop. You can also text/viber her at 09152239811. I bought 3 longchamps to her. :)

Mariel Veluz said...

Hi

Mariel Veluz said...

Hi Ria. Just got back from Paris. I have 3 pcs of Longchamp Le pliage Cuir (Pure lambskin leather). Im selling it way lower than Rustans price. Text me at 0917.800.7396 if ur interested:-)

Kat said...

Hi! Please help me spot a fake longchamp victoire bag. How does its leather really look like? :)

Leanne said...

My friend's husband just bought her a longchamp blue victoire in rustan's. i brought my black victoire which i bought online to compare. Both bags looks authentic and made in france. But the one bought in rustan's doesn't have a transparent disc. Mine does. I took pictures for both bags. I could send them to you. Please help me authenticate. Thanks.

Mav said...

Hi Leanne, I cannot vouch for the authenticity of a longchamp.
It would be better if you would post the photos on purseforum
(http://forum.purseblog.com/authenticate-this/authenticate-this-longchamp-please-refer-to-1st-post-224270-323.html)
Hope this helps :)

tep said...

can you suggest online shops that sells authentic LC bags? thanks

Kaye said...

Thank you for this informative article! I am planning to buy my very first LongChamp bag.

http://a-oh-kaye.blogspot.com/

Carol said...

Hi Mav! Just one question, if the back of the flap does not have the embossed longchamp logo, does this mean it's fake?

su ho said...

Like this one, I now want to buy a Handbag, longchamp liked, but I do not know that a good pick , you help to the point.buy-longchamp

laura fookson said...

Nice information.u can now see plenty of ladies carrying LC style bags yet if u spot what is authentic then u can say that stil few are carring true LC.gud morning.

Summer Ramirez said...

be careful! a lot of pliages out there are fake!

http://dblackbitch.blogspot.com/2014/09/spotted-fake-longchamp-le-pliage.html

Summer Ramirez said...

Here's why I think a lot of Le Pliages sold for a more affordable price here in the PH is fake:

http://dblackbitch.blogspot.com/2014/09/spotted-fake-longchamp-le-pliage.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...